In order to comply with the recommendations of Cumann LuithChleas Gael concerning the organisation of an Annual/Special General Meeting – to eliminate over discussion of any particular subject the following procedure must be adopted by all members.
1. The proposer of a motion or an amendment may speak for 3 minutes and not more than 3 minutes.
2. The proposer of a resolution or amendment must not exceed 3 minutes.
3. The proposer of a resolution or an amendment may speak for a second time to ‘sum-up’ for 2 minutes before a vote is taken but no other member may speak a second time to the same resolution or amendment.
4. The chairman may at any time he considers a matter has been sufficiently discussed call on the proposer for a reply and when that has been given a vote may be taken.
5. A member with the consent of the chairman may move that the question be now put after which, when the proposer has spoken a vote must be taken.
6. A resolution put to the vote of the meeting shall be decided on the show of hands, unless, before or on the declaration of the result of the show of hands, a ballot is demanded :-
(a) by the chairman
(b) by at least five members present and entitled to vote
7. Any member nominated for a position who is not present and has not forwarded a prior apology, their name shall be withdrawn from the list of nominees.
8. If a member is not present to propose a motion tabled in their name then that motion shall be automatically withdrawn.