Naomh Maolmhoig Caislean A Mhuilinn CLG An Duin
Club Membership Policy
There shall be four types of Membership of the Club:-
1. Full Membership may be granted to persons, who having reached the age of eighteen years,subscribe to and undertake to further the aims and objects of the Club and the G.A.A.
• Full Members including (Honorary Members and Youth Members) of the Club will also become Members of the G.A.A.
• Once granted, Full Membership of the Club and the G.A.A. shall continue for life, unless the member has been expelled or his resignation in writing has been accepted, in accordance with the Club Constitution and Regulations or the Official Guide.
• Full Members shall have rights of voting in relation to the affairs of the Club and to be involved in the decision making process about future Club development.
• All Trustees, Officers, Committee Members, Officials and Players, must be current Full Members, as will any other person representing or involved in the affairs of St Malachy’s GAC.
• New applicants for Full Membership will normally be offered Social Membership initially, with the exception of players who are obliged to become Full Members for insurance and registration purposes. Full membership is currently £40.00 per year (reduced to £5.00 per year at age 65 for current Full members only) – Full Adult player membership is currently £60.00 per year – Playing members must also pay an additional GAA Injury Scheme levy currently £60.
• Full members are entitled to receive first call on any available All-Ireland championship tickets.
Full Life Membership – Available to any person satisfying the criteria above. The current fee for Full Life membership is £450.00 and can be paid by instalments provided the full fee is paid within one calendar year.
2. Youth Membership may be granted to persons, not having reached the age of eighteen years,
who subscribe to and undertake to further the aims and objects of the Club and the G.A.A.
• All Club Players male/female under the age of 16 must take out Youth Membership and pay the annual fee which is currently £25 per annum and this includes player insurance levy.
• A minor player 16 – 18 must pay £50 fee which includes insurance levy and if in full time employment will be required to pay £60 insurance levy which will cover loss of earnings in the event of a playing injury
• A family with two adults and two or more youth members – package fee £110 per annum and this includes youth player insurance levy
3. Honorary Membership may be granted to persons, who have reached the age of eighteen years have rendered exceptional service to the Club or the games or activities of the G.A.A.
• An Honorary Member shall have the rights of a Full Member, but shall be exempt from paying the Club’s Annual Membership Fee. No persons shall be allowed to become Honorary Members of the Club or be relieved of the payment of the regular entrance fees or subscription, except those possessing the qualifications defined in this Rule, and subject to the conditions and regulations specified in the Rules.
• They may be elected for life or for any defined period but unless otherwise stated in the minute made on the occasion of their election their membership shall terminate at the close of the current year but may be renewed by the Executive Committee from year to year.
• Senior citizens (aged 65 and over) granted membership in this category enjoy free admission to all home games and free admission to all social club entertainment, as well as any other benefits enjoyed by any other category of membership.
4. Social Membership may be granted to persons, who have reached the age of eighteen years, subscribe to and undertake to further the aims and objectives of the Club and the G.A.A.
• Who do not seek full voting rights and rights to take part in the administrative affairs of the Club or the G.A.A.
• Membership shall be open to all persons actively involved in such additional activities as may be promoted by the Club.
• They may be admitted for periods not exceeding twelve months after being duly elected.
• Social Members are, at the discretion of the Executive Committee entitled to reduced admission charges and other benefits throughout the year.
• Annual Social Membership is currently £25.00 per annum or (£5 for senior citizens aged 65 and over) fees subject to annual review.
FULL SCALE of FEES subject to annual review
Membership Insurance Total Fees
Full Life £450
Full Non-Player annual £40 N/A £40
Full Adult Player annual £60 £60 £120
Full Adult Player Life N/A £60 £60
Minor Player (16-18) annual £50 Inclusive £50
Youth Player(U.16) annual £25 Inclusive £25
Associate Player(other club) £30 £60 £90
Social annual £25 N/A £25
Full Family annual £110
(subject to 2 adults & 2+ youths Inclusive)
RULES ON MEMBERSHIP
The rights of any member of the Club shall be conditional upon the member complying with the
provisions of the Club Constitution and Regulations and the Official Guide, including payment of
any annual membership fee and levies.
• Such rights may be withheld, restricted or suspended in accordance with the Club Constitution and Regulations and the Official Guide.
• Any person seeking admission as a Member of any Class of Membership, other than Honorary, shall complete and sign a prescribed Application Form which must be returned to the Secretary together with the prescribed fee.
• An Application for Full or Social Membership must be in the prescribed form signed by the Applicant and proposed by one Full Member and seconded by another Full Member who are not suspended or disqualified under the Club Constitution and Regulations or the Official Guide.
• An Application for Youth Membership must be in the Prescribed Form signed by the Applicant and one of his Parents /Guardians, as well as being proposed by one Full Member and seconded by another Full Member, who are not suspended or disqualified under this Constitution and Regulations or the Official Guide.
• The name and address of such person proposed as a Member, together with the names of those proposing and seconding him, shall be displayed in a conspicuous place in the Club Premises for at least one week before election. An interval of not less than two weeks shall elapse between nomination and election of such Members.
• Persons shall not be admitted to any of the privileges of Membership until after their election by the procedures stated in these Rules.
• If and when the Application for Full Membership has been accepted by the Executive Committee, the new Member’s particulars shall be forwarded by the Club Secretary to the County Secretary or other designated Officer for submission to the Central Council of the G.A.A. for registration and allocation of a personal membership number.
• The Executive Committee shall have the power to investigate any matter, and to expel, suspend, warn, fine or disqualify Members from Club activities for breach of the Club Constitution and Regulations or the Official Guide or for conduct considered to have discredited or harmed the Club or the G.A.A..
• Such persons, if Ful1 Members (including Honorary Members) or Youth Members, shall have the right to appeal to the Management Committee of the County Committee of the G.A.A., within seven days of being notified of such decision.
• Unless the offence is brought to the notice of the County Committee of the G.A.A. by the Club, and that body, having considered the merits of the case and having regard to the rights of the player or member, confirms the penalty imposed, the member continues to be a legal member of the Association and is suspended from Club activities only.
Death of a Full Member: In the event of the death of a (Full – Honorary – Youth) Club Member, or his/her immediate family i.e. wife/husband, son/daughter, father/mother, brother/sister, the Club Policy is to insert a sympathy notice in the Irish News and provide a floral tribute on behalf of all Club Members for the funeral of the deceased (except where a family express desire for family flowers only). In certain circumstances Committee or/and Players may decide it appropriate, and
with the families consent, to provide a ‘Guard of Honour’ such as on the death of a serving Committee Member, Player, Former Player/Officer or long-serving Member.
The Annual Subscription of Members other than Honorary Members shall be determined by the Executive Committee and ratified at the Annual General Meeting.
• The determined Annual Subscription shall be payable on election and there after annually, before 1st February each year. Any member other than an Honorary Member whose annual subscription is not paid prior to March 1st in any calendar year shall cease to be a member on that date and shall not be eligible to participate in the games of any section of the Club or to partake in any of the privileges attached to members.
• Club Regulation 6.4 will be strictly adhered to in relation to distribution of Club allocation of All-Ireland Championship Football and Hurling Tickets. Club Regulation 6.4(c) states ‘that any member who has not paid their membership by 1st February in that year will not be eligible to add their names to the list. The only exception to this will be a new ‘first time’ member who joins the Club during the year.’