All coaches, helpers and members should be prepared with an action plan in the
event of an emergency.
This will include:
* ACCESS TO FIRST AID EQUIPMENT
* TELEPHONE CONTACT IF THE PARTICIPANT IS A MINOR
* TELEPHONE CONTACT TO THE EMERGENCY SERVICES
- All accidents, injuries and any untoward events should be recorded on the significant incident form along with a witness statement if thought necessary.
- An attendance book must be kept for each recognised club session with the presence of each participant noted appropriately.
- Coaching sessions outside the usual recognised club sessions will not be subject to Club insurance if the details have not been notified to the Committee in advance.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to check that the coaching session is covered by the necessary insurance.
Emergency Procedures for Incident during a Session
- Before the session, the person in charge must carry out the following checks:
* Ensure that the playing area and equipment are safe and free from obstacles, glass, etc.
* Ensure that a vehicle has access to the playing area.
* Ensure that a qualified first-aider is available.
* Ensure that a well-stocked first aid kit is available.
* Ensure that a telephone or radio link is available and in working order.
- Following an injury, alert the first-aider who will assess the situation and take appropriate action.
- In the event of a serious injury, where the injured person cannot be moved, other participants will be taken away from the situation and kept under supervision.
- In the event of removing an injured person to another area, ensure that at least two people are present.
- Emergency services must be called, if appropriate.
- Entrances to the playing area must be checked, to ensure easy access for the emergency services.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) must be informed as soon as possible.
- Accident reporting procedures must be implemented.